Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Badly wounded soldier makes remarkable recovery

Cpl. Jeffrey Bailey was riding in a convoy last January when a car bomb exploded. The attack killed a Canadian diplomat and wounded two fellow soldiers.

Bailey's head injury was so bad he wasn't expected to live. But Bailey beat those odds.

His words come slower and it bothers him that he can't work out the way he used to, but he says he's getting better every day.

"I'm out of hospital now and just want to get on with things now," he told reporters in Edmonton. "That's the way I've always been, [I] just want to help myself. This is getting old for me now."

Wonderful news! Our thoughts and prayers are with Cpl. Bailey as he recovers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic story, and what an awesome hero!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home